Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Madeline LOVES Oat-fa-meal

In celebration of Madeline's sixth-month birthday tomorrow (can't believe I'm typing that!), we tried oatmeal cereal for a snack today. She loves it! MUCH more than rice cereal. She ate her oatmeal along with some peaches and she thoroughly enjoyed it. She is reaching and grabbing for things more and more every day - she wanted to play with the bowl of oatmeal SO badly!

We call it "oat-fa-meal" in our house. Alan and I have joked about this since we were newlyweds. I remember clearly watching the evening news with Peter Jennings in our tiny little apartment in Austin where we lived when Alan was in law school. It was during the winter and Jennings was commenting on how oatmeal sales were escalating because of the cold weather. Only he didn't say "oatmeal", his tongue got tied and he said "oat-fa-meal". He didn't correct himself - which we thought was funny - he just kept on going. We've called it oat-fa-meal every since. Probably more than you wanted to know, but I shared it anyway. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment