I woke up Friday morning feeling MUCH better and thought everything was okay, but started progressively getting worse early that evening. By the time we started back toward Tyler Saturday night, I was pretty much miserable. I could hardly get in and out of the van to drive us home (we ended up with two cars in Longview). As soon as we got home, I took a full dose of my regularly prescribed muscle relaxers (for my Fibromyalgia), applied an Icy Hot patch (felt GREAT!) and went to bed. Needless to say, we didn't make it to church Sunday! I took it easy all day Sunday and Alan took care of Miss Madeline all day and night. I have NEVER had that kind of back pain and hope I never have it again! The slightest movement in the wrong direction made my back scream! I was walking around like I was 102 years old.
Our regular physician was out of the office on Monday, so I went to Tyler Urgent Care first thing that morning. They had me in and out in a flash with a diagnosis of acute lower back pain and prescription for a steroid. By the time I got back home, my sweet parents had arrived from Longview to help me take care of Madeline for the week. Not just my parents, but half a kitchen's worth of food to take care of us for the week as well. What would I do without my precious parents? I don't know. Love them so much.
I iced my back off and on the rest of the day, took it easy, and let my parents do what I couldn't. The steroids worked a MIRACLE. By Monday night I was feeling much, much, better. Each day of this week has been spent pretty much the same way. I thought I might be ready for Mom and Dad to go home last night, but I had a dental checkup and a regular checkup at the doctor today, so they graciously stayed one more day so I wouldn't have to get Madeline in and out of her car seat to take her to her Aunt Michelle's while I was at my appointments.
I was grateful to already have an appointment scheduled with Dr. Bentley (our WONDERFUL regular physician) today so that he could also check my back. He thinks it's healing well and says I'm doing everything I can for it right now. Whew! Praise the Lord! I'm able to care for Madeline as usual now with a few modifications, like changing her on the guest bed instead of her crib. That particular movement - like bending over in front of the sink brushing your teeth - is still quite painful, especially when you add her weight to it!
So, I'm trying my best to get back into the swing of things. Thanks again to my wondeful parents who took such good care of us this week. We love you! And Happy Birthday again to my Dad - he didn't mind being away from home another day today since he got to spend his birthday with his beautiful granddaughter. :)
| Happy Birthday to my Dad!!! |

No comments:
Post a Comment